vrijdag 2 augustus 2013
Because I promised I would show you something fun.
These two, to be exact:
Adrialys, and these are made for the CAL.
They have both been made with the same yarn, only in different colors... But you might have noticed already: there is a difference in size!
This Ellie is made with a 3 mm hook... She is the first one I assembled, and I had some trouble doing it!
Luckily I had a second:
This one I made, using a 4 mm hook. It allowed my to made a ridged trunk (which was too much of a pain with the 3 mm). Also I swapped the front and back legs: the arms were actually bigger then the legs.
Probably that would not be much of a problem with some nice, thick acrylic, but with the thin stuf I used it just didn't work.
I am intending to make Ellie again, because I know I can do it nicer and better! Now the yarn was just against me (haven't decided what to do with the left overs... They might not survive my end-of-summer cleaning :S).
I hope to get some crocheting done after today (you might not have noticed, but I haven't touched a crochet hook in days! Having holidays is so busy! ;) ).
So, maybe I will have something nice for next week!
Until then, you can of course visit Tami's Amis for more!