woensdag 20 februari 2013

WIPW: Kitclub

Hello everyone! It's Wednesday again and I will show you what I have in the works...

Firstly, I started on my second Freshstitches' Kitclub pattern/kit.


I love the yarn that comes with this kit! It is 100% wool, something I do not use myself... I only have acrylics and cotton. But I love this stuff! It seems to enable me to crochet very fast, although, that's probably an illusion. I still like the yarn, though. A pity it is not available in the Netherlands, for as far as I know.

I have not yet done the first Kit from the Kitclub, for some weird reasons, but I am on a roll, so I will probably start that one soon as well.

Futhermore, I have started my nephew's birthday present.


Impressive, huh? No, it's not. But I will get is finished in time, I still have a month (it's a helicopter by the way).
Currently I am awaiting the yarn for his brother's birthday present, as I will not make a not-yet-one-year old a toy from acrylics. I personally hate the loose fibers that come off, so I will not let him chew on that :P
When the yarn has arrived I really have to start working: their birthdays are two days apart :o

The last thing I want to show you, is something that might strike you as familiar:


Remember the Rainbow of Sting from last month? On the Freshstitches Forum it was suggested it would make a nice mobile and I had thought about that myself also, so I have started assembling it.

I do need to make another mini-sting, as five mini's just won't balance :)
So that's on my to-do-list, hopefully I will get this finished soon.

That was it for today. If you are up for more, please check out Tami's Amis for more WIPs.


5 opmerkingen:

  1. So many adorable creatures being created this week! How I wish I could crochet!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Awesome stuff! I haven't started this month's kit club project yet, but I agree that the yarn is awesome to crochet with! I loved making my tiny little crab - it was one of my projects for a long train ride.

    I am very excited to see the helicopter when it's done, and that mobile is fantastic!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Yay for freshstitches kits! It's coming along nicely! That mobile is going to be adorable finished!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I am the opposite. I only ever work with wools. :-D But, now, I've been asked to knit something that is either cotton or acrylic. I think it's going to be a challenge.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I have a lot of acrylic in my stash too. But I adore working with wool. Its my favorite guilty pleasure.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen