woensdag 3 april 2013

WIPW: Stitch



Hi everyone and welcome to yet another WIPWednesday!

Last week I showed you my overload of WIPs… And this week, instead of making some real progress on those, I have a new WIP to show you.

I am making Stitch, from Lilo and Stitch that is.



Looks like him already, don’t you think?
It is a pattern from Shannen C. and it was searched for in suggestion of my mother, not too long ago.

I am making Stitch now (original deadline was in July, my mother’s birthday) to give to my mother early, just because I know it will make her laugh…

She has had so much bad luck lately, that it is just not fair anymore!
She started last year with Carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists, one of which has been operated already. The other was put on hold, because she needed cuff repair surgery on her shoulder.
Still recovering from that surgery (which is very time consuming, can take up to a year), she got a thrombosis-like infection in her leg.
She was on anti-coagulant injections for weeks, only to hear it had not cleared, and probably never will as a whole blood vessel has been closed up; which has probably been causing the long-time edema she has in her legs.

Now, on top of all that (she hasn’t really been pain free since the start of last year!) she has some weird kind of nerve damage, giving her excruciating pains in her (other, ‘healty’) leg….

I mean, what has she done to deserve all of this?
Nothing! I can tell you that. And there is nothing she, or I, can do about it…
So, I’m making her Stitch… As that’s like all I can do, besides giving her metal support and a lot of hugs…

Hoping you all got happier reasons to have a pile of WIPs, I am sending you all to Tami’s Amis for some more of them!


PS: for the Dutch readers: have you seen my Dutch blog?

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Perfect yarn colour choices for Stitch. Sorry to hear of all your Mom's troubles. She's certainly had one difficulty to deal with after another. I hope Stitch cheers her up :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love Stitch! I think you'll make him just lovely.

    I hope your mom gets well soon.

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-83/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen